Thread: Targa brace
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #8
SupraSaver87
3" Exhaust

SupraSaver87 is on a distinguished road
Cool Just me again

Well I have a targa top on my 1987 Turbo, and well for all your Non-Targa people...well bow down to us...JK, naw....the targa top, when removed makes the car ENTIRELY flexible....like you take a corner and you can see it flex...well I guess at least when >I< corner you can see the flex....and that is why I only cruise with the top off.

A couple weeks back I made the mistake of taking the top off, and then racing with the car. The next time I put the top back on (Later on that night) I noticed a MAJOR marked change in how easy (Or I should say hard) it was to bolt down the targa top.

NOTE: The Supra targa top has four "bolts" that hold it down, they are more like big screws that anything else. These bolts when fastened down completely, and correctly, will make the whole targe top a "structural" peice, and MAJORLY reduces body twist, and improves handling.

I have bent/twisted my frame now because I decided to race with the top off, and now I just have to live with a hard-to-bolt-down targa top. However with that all said, I don't think that your option would work for me, not for the fact that I have body flex, and damage to the chassis, its the fact that I hate the t-top look, and honestly the FULL open roof was a selling feature for me.

I have a question to ask off of that...Are the lower mid body stabilizers able to do the same as your brace, or would a combo of both, help me the most. (I think I know the answer to this one)

Well again, I do love the fact that you have designed a part FOR the supra. I want to think up creative, and effective ways to improve the temp of the supra intake, and also ease of flow. My brother builds custom exhaust systems, and manifolds....anyways, he does all my piping needs, and he is damn good at it too. So I basically have a product engineer...and I have the ideas.

Great job to all who have created custom parts to better their supra.

Our Supra’s, which art in the driveway,
Hollowed be thy power, thy mods are great, thy speed endless,
On the road or at the track. Give us this day free of cops,
And forgive us our impound charges, as we forgive those who are slow.
And lead us not into speed traps, and deliver us from the interceptors,
For thine is our car, the power, and the glory…forever and ever….amen.

Last edited by SupraSaver87; 07-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.
SupraSaver87 is offline   Reply With Quote