Thread: Targa brace
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road
Default Targa brace

I started this thread once before but wasnt ready to share the info at that time, so Im kinda redoing it.

Ok so some of you know Im having a targa brace made to fix that squishy shimmy feeling you get when you have the top out. I should be getting it this afternoon. I am going to try to get pics taken before I prep and paint it (future ones will be powdercoated or chromed). These should be priced under $100 even for a short run, though it really just depends on the cost of powdercoating or chroming.

Im really excited about sharing this with the community and I will try to get approval for a group buy on these, but in the meantime, Im interested to hear peoples opinions on the idea. If you own a hardtop please state that in your responce as I will dismiss your opinion entirely (ROFL, just kidding...Im still interested in hearing your opinions too)

In case you have no idea what Im talking about, the brace will bolt on to the stock locations of the Targa top and connect the front windshield to the roof portion via 1'' tube steel bars. I designed mine a little different than the so called "X-Brace" in that mine is connected via two "U-shaped" bars creating more of a t-top look and feel.

So there ya have it...all opinions on the subject are welcome, and feel free to point out any flaws in my logic.

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote