View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

I probably wont be of much help either but, Im assuming it has had major work done. You are probably not seeing (feeling) the supposed 400hp because (I think) the afc isnt set right or lost its settings. And since you dont have the password I think you are up the creek on that one. Plus you need a dyno to truly "tune" the afc, unless you have a spec sheet that came from whoever slapped the parts on and tuned it in the first place (if that ever even happened). I dont know if you know, but you will not see 12psi without hitting fuel cut with a stock setup (but thats why you have an afc). And 20psi is not possible without internal engine work on an 87-92 supra so Im glad to see you have a potentially sick supra. And by sick I mean in a good way!

Never heard of The Profec B, is it just a boost controller? Old school?

Wow just saw you said its auto, thats too bad. Maybe thats why you arent impressed with its performance.

But in the mean time the only thing I can think of is check the vaccum line to the wastegate. If it fell off or is cracked and leaking you will not be able to control boost.

Last edited by IHateHacks; 07-05-2006 at 07:48 PM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote