View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateHacks
How many miles on that supra? What did you use for that front lip? Umm nice broken bvsv on your thermostat housing. I see you said changed all fluids what about all the filters namely the fuel filter. Nice ride, too bad its non turbo.
Milage is 177K, the front lip is made from vinyl baseboard moulding over a metal skeleton. I never did do an official writeup but I posted some info on a Jacked cold air induction thread...lol. The BVSV was broken when I got it and someday I will get that changed out, but its bypassed now and I dont see any huge reason to rush out and fix it just yet. I did not change the fuel filter...yet...but its on the list of "to-do's".

As far as it not being a Turbo, I specifically didnt want to buy a turbo. Gas prices were already approaching $3/gal and at 42yo I have outgrown the need for that kind of power/speed. I have enough HP for me as it sits. Im more about comfort and style than performance. My priorities are that I want things to run right, be reliable, have low maintenance costs, and be easy to work on, and at the same time have decent performance, look nice, handle well and fit my personality. Im not saying a Turbo cant do that, Im saying I didnt need a turbo to get all that.

Right now I have less than $3000 total into the car, including the $350 for tires, and $220 for 6months insurance. It runs like a dream, and still nets me 22MPG on mixed driving. Im actually looking to change the rear end gears to the Turbo gears for better milage and sacrifice the stoplight to stoplight performance.

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote