View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #1
SupraSaver87
3" Exhaust

SupraSaver87 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation How to change your oil

My Rant: Ok, well I just finished changing the oil on my MKIII....don't ask, just don't freakin ask.....I hate Japanese designers...they should have "Big hand" gloves when designing stuff. anyways.....

First: Raise the car up, I used two jack stands just aft of the front tires, on the main support rails under there.

Second: Look for the oil pan, then remove the bolt that is in there.

NOTE: Do remember to loosen it with a ratchet, then put a pail in the way to catch the low velocity stream of oil, then unscrew the bolt the rest of the way with your fingers.

Third(And the hardest): Remove oil filter, and replace with new one.

NOTE: There is a reason I said that the third step is the hardest....SPACE!!! Or lack there of. You WILL NOT have room to get an oil filter wrench in there, so if it is on there pretty good, call you good ol friend bubba over, and let him reef on the thing for a while.

Next, once the oil filter is removed, you now have to lift the filter OVER the brace (You'll know what I mean once you get under there), down over some other stuff, and it will drop down about 6" - 1 foot later.

Well this is still general, but it should help ALOT of ppl.

I opt this get "sticky'd", and if it does, I'll re-write it to sound better, and it'll be more in depth than. It took me about 1 hour to figure all of this out, and I only gave myself 1 hour, and about 8 minutes to do this before I had to be at work....lol.

Our Supra’s, which art in the driveway,
Hollowed be thy power, thy mods are great, thy speed endless,
On the road or at the track. Give us this day free of cops,
And forgive us our impound charges, as we forgive those who are slow.
And lead us not into speed traps, and deliver us from the interceptors,
For thine is our car, the power, and the glory…forever and ever….amen.
SupraSaver87 is offline   Reply With Quote