View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
Magical Trevor
Stock

Magical Trevor is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about the oem fuel system

New here with some questions...

A little background on me and my car, I've owned 1 turbo car, and that's my WS6. I basically had to learn everything that I could about the forced induction world through trial and error, that being said it's got a 402ci (6.6L) stroker and a PT88 with all the suporting mods making a little over 920/900 on 20psi.

I've done as much searching as I could and I couldn't come up with some solid answers.

From what I've read the stock bottom end is extremely durable and that might be an understatement, I've also read that the stock twins are good for around 550-600rwhp.. or I might be a little off?

My main concern is the fuel system, at what RWHP do you need to start worrying about the fuel pump/lines/injectors/rails? Also about what psi (I know psi is relative, but I don't know how well the 2JZ's flow compared the the LS1's) can the stock fuel system take with 91-93 octane?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to do some research and gain some knowledge before I go out and buy a Supra. (BTW I got my first ride in a supra. My friend has a t78 single and I was more than impressed!)

-Trevor