View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
suprasforlife
3" Exhaust

suprasforlife is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb let there be heat

I pumped the system up with air, looked for leaks, and listened for air leaks and I did not see or hear anything. Afterwards I burped the system a couple of times until all the air was back out of the system.

I've ran the car a few days now and have not had any problems, except for the no heat part, but it's the vsv.(the vsv is located next to the wiper motor, has 1 set of wires to it and 2 vacuum lines) Rather than bypassing it, I had a friend sit in the car after driving around for about 30 minutes and I had my friend turn the heat on and the vsv did not move, you can see the rod that is connected to the internals of the valve and the rod did not move at all. So I pushed the valve open manually (it moves easily by just pushing up on it with your thumb) and there was heat, so it's the valve. If you really need heat and your valve is out just take a zip tie, open the valve manually and put the zip tie on it so it holds it open. This method is alot easier than the method I've seen on several other sites, that method is taking the hoses off, putting a piece of pipe in both ends and clamping the hose around the pipe. I'm guessing this takes 10 miutes if you have the right size of pipe, I know a zip tie takes 5 seconds.
suprasforlife is offline   Reply With Quote