View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road
Default The Best Supra on the Planet!

lol...well, I like it...and now that I got your attention:

I bought my Supra a couple months ago. I have been a loyal Toyota owner now for over 20 years. In high school I had a good job and my parents co-signed for me to get a 76 Celica GT Coupe. I have since owned a 74 Celica ST, a 77 Celica GT, an 85 Supra and most recently a 73 Celica GT/hybrid that I had for 14years. I finally decided to part with my beloved 73 after 2 gruelling trips from Oregon to NM and back. I decided I wanted something more modern, with bigger brakes, A/C, cruise control, and all the other stuff that comes with a luxury sports car. I was able to sell the Classic Celi' for more than I imagined getting $2300 for her.

I had a budget of $4500 for car, insurance for the year, repairs, upgrades and mods. I started looking at Supra's, but I also was thinking about 3000GT's and Grand Prix GTP's. I quickly realized that the mitsu' and the Pontiac were going to eat almost the whole budget in the purchase price and I wouldnt have any money for the fun part...upgrading ! So I made the Supra my car of choice.

I specifically wanted white, and had no real preference for interior colors. Even though I wasnt particularly fond of the Blue interior this one came up at a very reasonable price. It was an 86.5 Targa N/A selling for $2400. I made arrangements to meet the guy as he lived over 100 miles away, but worked only about 50 miles south of me. When I met the guy the car was dirty, and had a few things wrong I noticed right off the bat. It had a cracked windshield and in the past had been hit in the front (minor) and the nose had been repainted. It needed tires as well. But I liked the car and it drove nice. I knew it ran good because the guy was commuting 100 miles round trip every day to work in it. I offered him $2000 for it and we had a deal.

I didnt own a digital camera at the time so I didnt take a starting picture just then. A couple of days later after putting new tires on it and after lowering it 2 inches I snapped off this pic with my new digital camera.

This is the list of what I have done to her since I bought her:
  • Complete detail inside and out
  • underhood cleaning and waxing
  • changed ALL fluids
  • Lowered the car 2 inches
  • Put on new 225-50/R16's
  • aftermarket Intake and cold air induction system
  • Modded AFM
  • New NGK Irridium plugs and 8mm NGK wires
  • upgraded the sound system to a Sony CDX-GT200 with 4 Kicker 2 ways, an Eclipse 200W amp and 2 Fosgate 1408's in a ported box.
  • Diamond cut lenses with H4 superwhite bulbs and blue city bulbs
  • Modded TEMS system with drivers compartment diag mode switch
  • modded hatch to accept stock 88 spoiler
  • Modded tail lights to JDM look blackouts with round lights
  • removed stock front lip and built my own 6inch color matched lip
  • fabricated mesh front grills top and bottom
  • changed gauges to white face reverse EL-glow with custom logos
Thats all I can think of right now. Coming very soon, I will be replacing the door panel fabric with "Ultra Suede" in matching Indigo Blue. Im going to have my shifter shortened and recurved. Im having a custom Targa Brace made right now to control the "Targa shimmy" and I will soon be ordering some cross drilled and slotted rotors and semi-metallics. Down the road I plan to paint my mouldings to match the car color, Im going to have the upholstery and carpets redone, and eventually (probably next year) Im going to do a 1JZ/R154 swap.

Well thats my story...and now if your still reading this here come the pics!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my story so far...I plan to update this as I go along.

Thanks for reading! - weez

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote