View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #17
jfunez
12psi boost

jfunez is on a distinguished road

In my case, I was out with my kids and wife having dinner at pizza hut, since we were waiting for the chow, I decided to pick up the "thrifty nickel/penny pincher" and as usual turned in to the cars clasified and ran in to a the ad that read " 1987 toyota supra turbo for sale "
needs engine work, $500
the funny thing was that I wasn't even looking in to buying a car since I was still working on my nissan mini....see picture..

right after dinner we took of to see the supra, and to my surprise the car had a set of decent wheels and tires, the body was in very good shape exept for the paint that somebody tryed to spray and turned out to start peeling.
the owner told me that one day he was driving the car and the engine started knocking and imediatelly he turned it off...such a lye....he was claiming that the engine would turned and that at no point in time it had seized, he even tried to help start the engine by jumping the battery but it never turned, i thought it would also be a stuck starter. anyways I took the car home knowing that I would have to rebuild the engine or buy a JDM.

four months past and the warmth of the spring time sun came before I laid a single finger on the car, after pulling the engine out I found out what was the cause of the knock the previous owner was talking about. A huge crater under the intake manifold

anyways, I see it this way.........I bought a set of rims for $500 dollars and I got a supra turbo with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	other side.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	319   Click image for larger version

Name:	supra-side-3.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	320  
jfunez is offline   Reply With Quote