View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 09:12 AM   #12
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

Took me about 3 weeks to decide on mine. I had driven my 73 Celica for 14 years, and I decided after a 1800mile trip from NM to OR, that I wanted to get something more modern. I sold the Celica (got $2300 for her, and it was worth every penny). I started looking for new cars at that point. I had a short list of Supra, 3000GT, and Grand Prix GTP.

After another week of searching I was finding that I could get the Supra for less money than the other two, and I am just a Toyota fan, so I made the Supra my car of choice. I only wanted white, had to be Targa, and I preferred non-turbo.
Found an 86.5 on craigslist in Eugene (45miles south of me) and got the guy to send some extra pics of it. I decided to drive down and look at it. The guy was commuting from Roseburg to Eugene every day in it (about 100 miles round trip) so I knew the car had to be road worthy. There were a few things I would have preferred not to have to fix, (like a cracked windshield and it needed tires badly), but overall it was a solid car. the guy was asking $2400 and I offered him $2000 right on the spot.

I had to borrow my sister to get it home, but its been something of an obsession ever since.

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote