View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 05:51 AM   #8
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton51m
it is sortof hard to make and you might need someone elese to help you

-the first thing you do is lay the fiber mesh stuff out and have someone hold it for you where you want it on your lip.

-mix the epoxy...you'll need a lot for your lip.

-spread the epoxy all over the fiber and cover it all. dont forget to get the edges of the fiber so it dosent peel. the epoxy will seep into the fiber and create a strong bond. let it sit over night.

- if you mess up a little dont worry because you can always sand it down and fill the parts in with more epoxy.

if you want to save money you might want to put carbon fiber only on the front or tip of your lip since it will be taking the most beating, but covering the whole thing is fine too.

when you attach the lip to your bumper you can drill through the carbon fiber or you can make pre drilled holes
I might be mistaken, but Im pretty sure your just talking about fiberglass, not carbon fiber...Carbon fiber is made by superheating a cabon impregnated mesh, melting the cabon and causing it to re-align on a molecular level creating extremely strong and light solid material.

Ive worked with fibergalss before, and while its harder to work with than bondo, its stronger and more flexible. It is however, NOT carbon fiber...

Actually Sup'2NR, those look better than I pictured in my mind...dont skimp in the end, go the extra mile on em. make em look factory good and get us all to oooh and ahhh, hehe

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote