Thread: new here =)
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
88soup
Stock

88soup is on a distinguished road

Yea so far I really do enjoy the car. I am new to forced induction, I know somewhat about cars but I'm not a motor head.

There are a few things I dont understand, and I hope someone could help me out. I understand my car is running at a stock boost of 6.7 psi. If I put on exhaust, downpipe and intake will the boost go up X amount of pounds? Or will I need a boost controller to increase how many pounds I want it to put out? I hear people say "I hope to put out 15 pounds by next summer" yaddi yaddi yadda, but I dont understand how they determine what is safe. Any information on this would be great.

Also, when is it time to upgrade turbo? What should be done before upgrading? Basically I dont wanna slap anything on and have it shit the bed because it isnt done right.

One last thing before I make myself look like any more of an idiot . My car was husband and wife owned, garaged and driven on nice days only. It obviously wasnt beaten on, but when I shift into second gear I find it harder to get into than any other gear. The gearbox is a lot different from my previous car, and I do understand that its not going to shift like a brand new car. What could be causing this? Is it just because its in 88 tranny?

Any help at all would be appreciated. Also any input on what kinds of upgrades I should get please post.

Thanks

Jim
88soup is offline   Reply With Quote