View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #5
mrvetten
Stock

mrvetten is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I did check all the plugs recently (about a week ago) when I replaced them and they were clean, no piston. I suppose that is in part to my decrease in boost. As I said I was only running 14psi or so and I have a ProFec E-01 boost controller, which I was under the impression that these electronic controllers controlled boost creep. (Is that true in your opinion?) I have a HKS EVC IV on my 69 Camaro and it works mint.

I actually have a set of 720cc injectors and a HKS fuel rail, I just wasn't going to put them on until I installed an AEM ECU. When I installed the T72, I re-dynoed the car to make sure there were no changes. As it happened, it was quite a bit leaner with the increased volume, so based on my A/F ratio, I ended up at 14 psi or so and it seems safe. Is it possible that the A/F is safe (around 11.0-11.5?) yet still run lean and/or detonate?

I thought (from reading many of these posts) that a stock Supra fuel system can support UP TO 500hp or so. My car was only around 460ish rwhp with the T61, and as I recall, right around 430-440 now with less boost, even though more turbo. What do you think?

It sounds like I need to do a comp test anyway just to insure there is no damage. I have a little piece of mind after seeing my plugs, but your right, proof is on the pressure gauge.

I know this info is here somewhere but what should I see for cylinder pressure, and the minimum delta from cyl to cyl?

Might take a little time to check it, but I will do it.

I am leaning also towards some kind of stupid oil leak. I think dyno is the best and easiest and safest way to find this out.

Look forward to your reply. Thanks again for your input. gotta go to bed, 4:30 comes quick...
Mike
mrvetten is offline   Reply With Quote