View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

I bought my 86.5 for 2k and it had very few issues at all. Mostly just cleaning, tuning, tires, stuff like that.

I also owned a 25th anniversary 300ZX Turbo. From memory since I didnt own the cars back to back, I would have to say the Z handled better. More than just being lighter, it felt lighter. But I have aged some since then and I prefer the Toyota ride now. Of course I lowered my Supra, added slotted rotors, and front middle floor and rear Strut bars, so it handles much better now.

The one thing about the Z was it was more prone to engine problems than my toyotas have ever been. Sure the 7M motors blwo head gaskets if you boost em too much or dont take care of em, but my Z was forever having issues. Fuel injector problems, ECU failure, and oil leaks were just some of the issues I had. This could have just been a bad car, or poorly maintained by the previous owner, but I finally had enough of it.

My only other comment is I just think the Supra looks sexier. My anniversary edition looked nice in silver/black/gold, but my plain white Supra still looks better

Eagles may soar, but weezl's never get sucked into jet engines!

theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote