Thread: car wont start
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 03:37 AM   #13
theWeezL
12psi boost

theWeezL is on a distinguished road

Did you buy a new car? no
Did he twist your arm and MAKE you buy it? I doubt it
Is it his fault you didnt do a very thorough inspection of the car prior to buying it? no

Buyer beware!

besides, the things you have mentioned about the car on here that I have read dont lead me to believe there is anything major wrong with the car. Just the average kind of things you will find wrong with 95% of the used cars on the market.

I just bought my Supra less than a month ago. I spent a full 2 hours going over (and under) the car, asking questions, and digging for clues. I forgot to check the radiator fluid...its brown, the front rotors are warped and develop a wobble over 70MPH (which I didnt notice on my test drive). The ignition has been jumpered in the past, and the clutch interlock switch was cut, and the security system bypasssed. The front end has signs of repaired body damage that wasnt exactly professionally repaired...all stuff I missed before I bought it. I aslo discovered it uses about a quart of oil a tankful, and I too had some oil in with my spark plugs.

Am I mad at the guy I bought it from? hell no...he only answered the questions I asked, and didnt volunteer anything more. Thats my fault not his. Do I love my car? Hell YES! Im out there nearly every day, tinkering with stuff and making it "my own"

I dont mean this as an insult, just an observation...I guess your age to be 20-22 - old enough to know better but not experienced enough to know that.

Keep plugging away at that car and making it a worthy ride...and along the way you just might learn something!

Last edited by theWeezL; 05-25-2006 at 03:41 AM.
theWeezL is offline   Reply With Quote