Thread: Rice Burner
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #15
Spudboy
3" Exhaust

Spudboy is on a distinguished road
Default Rice Burner

Bottom Line...WHO CARES...but
1) The term DID originate over 25 years ago and refered to ALL vehicles built in Japan. (bikes and cars)
2) It was, at that time, more or less an insult in the minds of ignorant 'Buy American" types and people still pissed off about Pearl Harbor.
3) Many of these same people worked at or went on to work at GM and Ford plants with the same ignorant/trade union mentality only to blindly let the 'rice burners' blow past American cars and bikes in quality, performance, and ultimately market share.
4) It appears now that since 'rice burner' can't be considered an insult by the general public (maybe except for NASCAR fans) the micro 'fast and furious' generation of Honda tuners has twisted this old term to allow themselves to insult one-another.
5) I condsider my Supra, Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT, and my Honda 650 dual sport bike to be rice burners and proud of it. (I just wish they would actually run on rice instead of $3.70/gal gas)
6) I am an American and proud of that too! (except when other 'ugly Americans' act like ignorant fools.)
Spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote