View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 04:27 AM   #10
Rommy
Stock

Rommy is on a distinguished road

Apparently my friend's N/A automatic burns rubber if done properly. :P

I'm having trouble telling if my car is losing power... I give it gas, and it goes... but at a certain point, it stops going any faster, and that's barely 1/3rd of the way down. My friend's N/A automatic is running better, as far as I know. I did something that might've helped, though. The valve cover screws were apparently SUPER loose. I could nearly take them out with my fingers. I still would like to have a mechanic change the valve cover gaskets. I got a quote from my friend's mechanic, $120 including parts. Sounds good, seeing as it looks like a lot of work, if I were to do it.

I need to have a really good look at the rotors tomorrow... I looked at them through the wheels today, and the front looked terrible. The rear didn't look too bad, however.

On another note, I paid $1,500 for the car. Would it be worth it to fix it up, or should I just sell it for what I paid for it, and buy a turbo stickshift Supra in good condition for $3k+? Lol.

Hell, might as well ask another question, I'm full of them.

The spark plug wells are half full of oil. That's obviously not good, but will it affect the performance of the car significantly?

Sorry for being obnoxious, but another question. The P/S fluid well is perfectly clean as it is, but it's really low. Should I just add fluid and call it a day? Or consider getting a new pump put in?

I really don't want to put more than $500 into this car to get it running decently again.

Last edited by Rommy; 05-17-2006 at 04:53 AM.
Rommy is offline   Reply With Quote