Thread: Project Help
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
scruffboy
walbro fp

scruffboy is on a distinguished road
Default Project Help

I bought a set of Valve Cover Gaskets at Autozone for $10.99. I snatched them up because I believe that must be a mistake as I have never seen them that cheap. I am now waiting for the gasket (part 17128 and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about except for one toyota dealer) used on the air intake connector (I have an N/A) to the intake manifold. It is V-shaped off the throttle body and has two ports. Anyway, here is my question. When I bought the v.c. gaskets, I noticed on the screen it said "with or with out grommets". What are these grommets and will I need them to replace the rubber gaskets into the valve covers? Also, has anyone ever done this work who might be able to give me some pointers? It looks pretty straight up but there are a lot of hoses and things. I have taken plenty of pictures in case I need to refer back to them, but I was wondering if there is anything in particular that may be hard to get to or that gets in the way or something of that nature if someone has experience doing this. Also, I plan to inspect the plugs (they are less than a year old) but was wondering if there is anything else I should do while I have it taken apart this far. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scruffboy
scruffboy is offline   Reply With Quote