View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road

Ok I did a little searching and came up with a post by a Gentleman named toyota guru I think it was. And he said this

"what do you think cools the exhaust gases, coolant from the head ( thus the term "cooler") I've replace dozens of these because of coolant leaks. it is a heat exchanger type system, the gases flow thru the back of the head which is surrounded by coolant to cool the gases b4 entering the intake to cut down on nitrous emisions. Its the big plug under the cover and the coolant nipple on top that leak. Once the plug starts leaking, it gets bad real quick. take one off the back of the head and you'll see how it works. most ppl never change this gasket or reseal the plug when doing a HG job, only to have it leak at a later time causing more problems. I've even seen the plug leak and coolant get into the intake causing major problems, one time it actually hydro locked the motor the leak was so bad. Thats from 15 years of actual toyota dealership experience."

OMG I was trying to tell the people at my dealership that there was coolant going through the egr cooler!!! Just like this Toyota guru was trying to state above!

I think all my woes will be gone if I could just contact this person.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote