View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
IHateHacks
20psi boost

IHateHacks is on a distinguished road
Default Coolant Hose Diagram

Hello, I really need some help here. And before anyone asks, I bought the $127 Repair Manual straight from compton CA Toyota production facility and it did not help my situation. I also stumped my local Toyota dealership Toyota of Wallingford, thats right I stumped the parts/service department. Pretty much made them feel stupid, it was fun. I think the 1987 turbo supra I picked up qualifys for the most hacked supra in exsistence.

Just been busy stripping it down to install Helicoils into the head because some hack used way more than 29 ft lbs when reinstalling the exhaust manifold. 3 M10 and 1 M6 Heli's in this head so far. But at least it works. And I can proudly say I replaced every seal on the exhaust side of this engine. (turbo seals, oil & coolant line crush washers, exhaust gaskets, cam position sensor o-ring, etc.)

Now, well here Ill let the picture do the talking-

Now can anyone tell me whats wrong with this picture? Anyone at all? Look closely at the coolant bypass pipes that run to the back of the engine (the ones behind the exhaust manifold.

Heres a close up.

Now can anyone tell me where the hose with the bolt (Yes I bought the car with the bolt) goes to?

I almost forgot, a coolant hose diagram of the area I have pictured would do wonders for me, a sloppy hand drawn paint pic of what it looks like under your hood would be great!

And just for sh!ts and giggles I performed a cylinder compression test on it when it was cold I took out the EFI fuse and coils and heres the results I got
1: 184 psi
2: 185 psi
3: 181 psi
4: 173 psi
5: 173 psi
6: 183 psi
Now the shop manual states for the 7m-gte max compression should be 142 psi. Ummmmmm?

Last edited by IHateHacks; 05-04-2006 at 04:22 PM.
IHateHacks is offline   Reply With Quote