View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
sd88supra
3" Exhaust

sd88supra is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn N' Up
My turbo89 automatically high idles whenever it gets worried that its getting hot, then it goes back to low idle... dunno if that helps. when you say idles unstable can you give a little better description? Is it all over the place? IS it high low high low. Does it sag cough sputter almost die then back to normal, it'll halep diagnose if you can give a bit more info. Does the check engine come on as you rev through each gear or only at 50? Are you sure it doesn't come on at 40? Changed all your filters and oil lately right?
Yeah I got error codes 51 TPS IDLE SWITCH CONTACTS OPEN and 71 EGR SYSTEM PROBLEM.

As far as my idling, after its been running for a while, it will idle at 1200-1300 RPM. But, until its been turned off for ahile it wont go down. When its cold, it will idle low, and as I start driving and put the clutch in, it will idle way down low and spudder, go up and down. Sometimes it will stall. But, as it warms up it stops. the check engine only comes on at high revs or high speeds, but not with normal city driving.
sd88supra is offline   Reply With Quote