View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #23
Fuel
Stock

Fuel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalwithasupra
Just nosy but what is he trying to fix ? cos the Mass AFM and the TPS that sounds kinda odd.
I took my supra in to a shop to get a used engine put in. Aftrer it was installed the mechanic told me that the AFM and TPS were bad, which confused me since they worked fine when I brought the car in, so I had to replace them. I didn't have the same mechanic do it though because he left bolts loose, charged me for parts I didn't ok, and he lost a hood bolt and never replaced it. This guy boils my blood.

Now after spending 2800 on my car ( which wasn't expected because the mechanic went 500 over the quote, 140 to tow it to another mechanic, and 455 on the Mass AFM, TPS, and a hose. Thats 1095 more than I intended!) it over heats. I just getting frustrated with all the set backs. I am a senior and now i am forced to ride the bus to school. But anyways I think the problem is a bad fan clutch, but I previously replaced it and it less that 1 week of use. The reason why i think that it needs to be replaced it that it only kicks in when the temp gauge is almost to the red area other wise it does not kick in. (don't worry I pulled off to the side of the road and let it cool down when it reads 3/4) I'm most likely wrong so any help would be very appreciated.

Last edited by Fuel; 04-07-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote