View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 04:35 AM   #1
kewlcoconut
3" Exhaust

kewlcoconut is on a distinguished road
Default Passenger side window

I know this topic has been done a bunch of times about the window and the motor and the cleaning of the switch etc. I just have a general question about it all. Here is what my problem is.

Ever since I have owned the car, the passenger side switch worked going down and up. The driver side switch for the passenger side only worked going down, and not up. The other day I had the passenger side window down, and I usually reach over to the P Side to roll it back up. That didnt work. I cleaned the switch and everything, the anvils in the switch were dirty as heck. However, I didnt clean the driver side switch. And being the moron that I am, I decided to gut the P side door and try and fix the problem because I immediately thought it was the motor. Then I remembered reading somewhere that the driver side switch can cause the P side switch to fail completely, so it could need cleaning and that would solve the problem. Because the P side window is hardly used, so I highly doubt its the motor.

Sorry for the long ass post, but I just want to know if that is true? That the D side can make the P side fail completely if the switch it dirty.

thanks guys
kewlcoconut is offline   Reply With Quote