View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
katillidie
Stock

katillidie is on a distinguished road
Default new mk3 owner, spark plug galley full of oil!????

ok well my friend just purchased a 89 turbo.... he knew off the bat it didnt run, it was owned previously by an 80+ guy and one day driving home it died. he had it towed to the house and it sat ever since. well my friend came across it and, we were tryin to figure out what was wrong, well what we found was that when we removed the #1 spark plug the hole was filled with oil..... so we pulled the intake and the rest of the plugs and come to find out that the whole spark plug galley was filled to the top of the spark plug galley cover with oil.... well i was thinkin that it was filled due to the fact that the valve cover gaskets were bad, and the bolts were loose as hell, so it leaked in. sound correct? or something else? first Q is the galley cover removed by unscrewin the (i think its 4) big allen key bolts? and is the Galley cover suposed to have a gasket around it, it looks like it should. but when i came across a after market replacement cover it didnt have a gasket! so whats the deal am i on the right track here?

Last edited by katillidie; 03-23-2006 at 04:30 AM.
katillidie is offline   Reply With Quote