View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtal0n
TD07-25G "T-67" Turbos on a 1JZ or 2JZ
I have a manifold for an RB26DETT, 1JZ-GTE, and I can easilly make a manifold for the 2JZ- My issue is simple.

When I plot the closest turbo to the T-67 (the T-66 whos Inducer is the same size...) Onto any 2.5-2.6L or even a 3L motor, It pushes these turbos right into surge where no turbo should be. But Greddy Sells a KIT for the RB26 to support twin 20-25G turbos; which doesnt make sense. But I was unable to find the kit online-
Anyways, Im shooting for 800-900 RWHP, I know these turbos can do it but Im pretty sure im over-turbocharging any 2.5-3L I put them on. Has anyone heard of or knows about these turbos on this size motor? I also have a T-51R Kit for the 2JZ; But I dont want to use that on a RB26 or 1JZ if I dont have to...
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but you can rest assured that a 66 or 67mm turbo won't surge on a 2jz-gte (but a 70mm turbo will).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote