View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 AM   #1
aggp18
Stock

aggp18 is on a distinguished road

Hello all. I'm trying to do my homework before purchasing either one of these cars. One is a 1986.5 toyota supra N/A, 122,568 miles on it, asking $1690. Aside from normal wear and tear, small chips in the front, 1 fog light not working, and some other minor repair work, it looks to be in ok cond. Took it for a test drive, a little rough ride(could be the age of the suspension, not sure), however shifted smoothly. After the engine warmed up, it idled steadily at 950 rpms. Still felt like the engine had power in it, was able to kick out the rear end with little effort. I'm taking it to my mechanic to try and check for any MAJOR mechanical problems. But what kind of longevity do you guys see from a MKIII engine and auto-tranny? Now, to the second. A 1987 MKIII N/A, asking $1500. Only problem, over 200K on engine and tranny. This I have unfortunately not test drove, nor have I seen the quality of the car. Private owner, has kept up on maintenance, but, with such high mileage I'm kinda worried. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to the supra, so don't flame a newb to bad.
aggp18 is offline   Reply With Quote