View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
Reeves
3" Exhaust

Reeves is on a distinguished road

Thanks alot for your help!
I was going to go with the Cooleeze downpipe first which is 3" mandrel bent
(or whatever the hell...) with a built in elbow. Also was going to get their 3" exhaust.
Funny you mention the HKS SSQV because I was thinking about getting it!
Dissapointed on the shifter. I definitely dont want poor quality, but im not ready to shell out $350 for a short shifter.
I have already heard about shimming the wastegate, but I also heard it can be kindof dangerous? Anyway ill just stick with the manual BC, thanks!

And I have some more questions! .

1. "I would also suggest and aeromotive fuel pressure regulator"
What is this and why do i need it? How much $$ we talkin for that and the fuel pump you suggested?

2. I havent even looked yet, but are there any coolant hose kits? Im going to flush my radiator tommorow and i noticed that the hoses are pretty shot.

3. Test pipes remove the catalytic converter, correct? What does this do? Just allow more air flow? What are the ups and downs of installing a testpipe, if there are any?

4. Like I said, i dont know crap about suspension stuffs . Can you recommend anything to me that is affordable? What suspension options do I have and what do they all do? Please explain in detail if possible :/.

5. Can you recommend any good boost gauges? I really don't know where to start looking.. It will use the same spot as the old gauge, correct? They arent very hard to install are they?

6. What horsepower should my headgasket be good till? 255k miles on the car, but like 20-30k on the engine ( dont know exact mileage, bought the car from my dads friend)

Sorry if any of these questions are stupid. This is my first car, and before that I didn't work on cars at all.

Thanks!

-Dan
Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote