View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Posey
Stock

Posey is on a distinguished road
Default The Joy of Electrical Systems

Hello I was wondering if anyone would be able to direct me, good information is so very hard to find. I have a 5 speed 1986.5 N/A MKIII Supra, I'm in the middle of dropping a jdm 7mgte into her. I just replaced the ECU with the 7mgt M/T ECU, it matches up with the 7mgte wiring harness BUT it doesnt match up with the two female plugs on the chassis wiring harness which are about 6-7 inchs before the plugs that connect to the ECU. Also there are 2 extra plugs in this group and im not sure weither they are TEMS or ABS (both of which I don't have) I was wondering if it was possible to splice the old connectors from the 7mge to the new harness and connect them that way, or am I going to need to replace the chassis wiring harness? (Something I don't want to do obviously.) Also could anyone tell me what the last 4 or 5 plugs on the 87+ turbo wiring harness, right after the group of plugs that go into the coil and such. I believe them to be the ABS but I would like know for sure. Any information would help. I'm so close I can feel it!

I must have this car running it consumes my sleep.