Thread: Turbo boost?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

Thanks. The engine has around 40K. The turbo impeller has a few nicks in it though with just a little bit of end play. When I bought the car it had a small diameter rubber hose coming off the wastegate and on it it has an adjustable valve that is used to adjust the boost level. If I open it all the way, the pressure comes on strong but then it abrubtly kills the engine, either fuel or electric. I don't know if there is a built in pressure sensor on the stock system or not. If I screw the adjuster all the way closed it seems to have its stock pressure of around 5 psi.

Is there a pressure sensor and can it be disabled? Will it cause a code to come on with the engine light? The engine sounds and feels good and has very good oil pressure, but again stock turbo, stock piping and stock intercooler. It has an aftermarket aircleaner and the previous owner put a 3" down pipe on it and removed the cat. converter. So I guess my question now is about a psi pressure sensor. I know it has a rev limiter, but this is different.

Thanks

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote