View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #13
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTT/Iceland
But I thought there were alot of supras that are daily driven and are over 500 hp ? are you saying that you all drive on race gas ?
Do you mean 500hp or 500rwhp? Either way, yes...most of us run a blend of race gas, and/or meth/water injection, and/or toluene, etc. In general, it's either that, or keep the boost down... Besides, with a huge single turbo, 16psi makes more power than the oem twins do at that boost level. On the downside though, you have to deal with the lag of the huge turbo too...
Quote:
...That is really expensive especially for a daily driven car.......and you have to take into consideration that the normal gas here costs 7 dollars a gallon .....it costs much more here then in Usa
What can I say, other than the well-known saying: 'you have to pay if you want to to play'. Besides, even if it cost you $20/gallon, a few gallons of race fuel is much cheaper than replacing a blown engine, right?
Quote:
...But how many hp can I be expecting if i have the boost at 16 psi ? with a 3" inch HKS Turboback exhaust, Cone HKS airfilter, Bigger HKS pipes to the Intercooler, And another ECU
Would it be around 400 hp ?
If you mean 400rwhp, then no...probably closer to 350rwhp...maybe 375rwhp (through a 6spd) on a cold day, if your engine is in excellent shape (i.e. good/high compression #s).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-12-2006 at 02:13 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote