View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 06:27 AM   #15
Bullz_EyE
3" Exhaust

Bullz_EyE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Supraboy
dude save your moneny, you dont need to spend over 500 bucks on exhaust. all you would have to buy is your header and tip or muffler[/u]. I just went to a local exhaust place and had him install my tip and get all new pipe.
I agree with this, if possible go with piping that has mandrel bends. To the original poster of this topic, I know you did some searching, but you probably overlooked this thread. http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/...ead.php?t=3113 I'll just quote my post from it (topic on headers for 7M-GE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullz_EyE
Stick with 2.5" or 2.75" at the most if your planning to use nitrous. I just did a calculation based on engine size and the ideal piping size is slightly under 2.5". 183.07 is the 7M in cubic inches.

(RPM x Motor Size)/554,177 = Recommended diameter.

(7,000 x 183.07)/554,177 = 2.31"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Supraboy
... just make sure you get a small turbo muffler installed for some back preasure, n/a's need it for low end power.
I have to disagree with this. NA's do not need back pressure, conversely though, going too big (on an NA) is also bad. The ideal piping size helps with exhaust velocity and efficiency, thereby increasing overall HP. Go too big and you lose that velocity. I recommend you use a universal "straight-through" muffler with at least a 2.5" inlet. Hope this helps.