View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #14
rnoswal
Lexus & 550's

rnoswal is on a distinguished road

It really helps to know exactly what you need from a parts store. It is best if you can take the old part in for reference. If you find a parts house that finds what you need and gets it right, always go back to them. Splicing wires is fine if you know how to solder or can make sure you use a good solderless connector, but if you aren't sure about your capabilities, then go with the o2 sensor that has the right connectors.

I don't understand about why you are having the problems. I use many different part stores around here and shop till I get the best price, or if anyone even has the part I need. I almost always go with aftermarket parts, especially with the lifetime guarantee, but I have noticed on a couple of Supra's I have bought, the the previous owners went religously to the dealer and most of the parts are better made, it's just that they are too damn expensive! But that is what you have to decide on. If you can find a place that doesn't seemed rushed and can spend time to help you with what you need, you will come away with the right part or at least pointed in the right direction.

Russ
rnoswal is offline   Reply With Quote