View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
XtreeX
3" Exhaust

XtreeX is on a distinguished road
Default new Rockford IL owner!

Sup fellas,
Ahh, got my baby. My new love. In my garage. I'm 19 and a freshman at Rock Valley College. I'm 6'7" and amazingly I fit into the car, lol. Just got it today. Paid $500 for it. It's a 1990 light blue/grayish color. Sadly, it's an automatic. It has the 7MGE engine in it with 160,000 miles on it. Some rust here and there, with a dent in the front-upper fender (driver's side). This baby needs alot of work, and I'm excited for it. Never worked on a car before?!

I'm giong to be taking out a $3,000 personal loan this week and don't even know where to begin. For the most part the paint and rims are in good condition. Deffinetly needs new tires. I work at Circuit City so I can get a kick ass security system put in it for cheap so I'm probally going to drop $300 on that. I'm also probally going to go with all new speakers and amp with the addition of tweeters; probally 2x10"s or 1x12" (want to conserve space), and a JVC KDAVX.

Will be taking it to my family mechanic and have him look it over, I don't know if he even works on supras, but i need to get tires first and foremost. What I need is: where should I begin? Should i just go ahead and do a swap with the 7MGTE or work on other stuff first (exhaust, intake, manual conversion?)

And if anyone lives in Northern Illinois please hit me up on AIM or my email at xiaoxiao@insightBB.com

/\/\Sorry in advance for the novel/\/\
XtreeX is offline   Reply With Quote