View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 AM   #6
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlcoconut
im also in the process of replacing my HG. you mentioned "Permatex Brake Quiet", but I heard that a copper spray works good as well because it has high heat resistance. which would you recommend that works better?
The Permatex Brake Quiet also has a high degree of heat resistance. Brake pads get really hot too.
The Permatex Brake Quiet is being used by some of the more experienced guys.
One of those guys put down like 900 HP at Vegas.
From the 4 guys that I know who have used it, they highly recommend it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoswal
Almost no head gaskets require any adhesives at all...
From the first statement statement, it implies that so some actually do recommend using a sealant. I was not aware that any manufacturers recommended a sealant at all. I know that Cometic does not.
Quote:
… They are not recommended…
What is recommended is that the head and the block be milled to a low RA. Some are not taking the block out, in that case, they are not following the manufacturer’s recommendations. If the block is not to be taken out, to get a low RA, then yes, Permatex Brake Quiet will be of great help. Some are even using it whom have had their blocks milled anyways.
Quote:
…If you need clamping power then go with ARP studs…
Clamping power is not the same as good sealing. Ideally, people should be going with ARP studs anyways, but clamping power will not fix surface irregularities. People do get BHG’s even with lots of clamping power.

All that said, use whatever you fancy.
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote