Thread: Voltage
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road

... oldskool generators don't fuck the external regulator when you d/connect the battery, but all those heavy relays and springs are a bastard to work with. that'll also mess with the regulator in your altenator. the alt puts out about 25 amps and you take the battery out, there's nothing to soak that amperage up so it finds its own path to ground through the regulator ... if your alt isn't working then you might get away with it.

annyways ... mrnickleye speaks righteously ( tho the supra computers are pretty tough ... don't ask ). voltmeter should show between 13.5 and 14.5 volts for a charging alt. if it reads 12.5 or less, it isn't charging.

do the lights stay on with this new battery ? check how tight the belts are, if the lights only come on at idle. and keep an eye on things cos if it's the alt you might find the new battery running flat as you use the car.

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote