View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
LokiSupra.1
Stock

LokiSupra.1 is on a distinguished road
Default I am a N00B in need...

Hi,
I am looking at puchasing a 1986.5 Toyota Supra (MKIII) W/ 3.0L DOHC I-6, It has what sounds like lifter tap. Like if you were to tap a pen on a desk repeatedly, other than that it fires right up, Idles like a champ. Everything under the hood looks immaculate, the body is pretty rough though. its N/A and I think its the 7M-GE? I may be wrong. A set of four lifters is around $20 and since its OHC I should be able to do this without removing the head. The car was meticulously maintained (engine wise) and like I said, runs like a raped ape. I have a LARGE mechanical background and I am fully capable of doing this. I have owned alot of Toyotas and I love them to death.
I dont see very many Supras, and whatever I buy will be a project. This is the best I have seen in awhile, and I'm getting impatient. If any of you are in the Ohio area and have a Supra for under $1500 or are looking for a trade let me know. If you think I should make this purchase let me know. One way or another I am getting a Supra, I just want some feedback on the problem this one is having.
LokiSupra.1 is offline   Reply With Quote