View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 07:25 AM   #8
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road
Default ok just my humble opinon ... understand i'm just sorta getting into this type of crap

my supra is auto. proud of it. pull the T down from D to 2 or 1 and its not actually that much different from a manual. i can launch at about 2K rpm by loading up the transmission ( hold down both pedals hard as can ) ... it is perfectly possible to smoke up the supra factory mags.

also heard ppl complaining about the supras takeoff. auto prolly helps there just by making it a little harder so smoke the tires than in a manual. only cos you don't have a clutch, i think this auto phobia is a load of bullshit made up by kids who like to look cool.

your auto is also gonna be better in a drag cos you can load it up ( yea this puts some stress on your auto box ... tell me what does launching at 4,000 rpm do to a street car manual box and clutch ? ) and don't have to mess around shifting gears, just try to guess your gear range right ( that manual button rules ! ) or let the auto box and ecu brain figure it out. tho mine tends to stick in first for ages. works better after i got the box flushed and filter changed etc.

manual boxes are better for circuit type racing where you need the extra gear ranges to keep in your power band at different speeds around a course. it depends what you're going to do to your car.

easy to drive. power steered, auto, comfy seats ... you say you have a targa top, is it a 2.0tt or a 3.0t ? i recently decided to let a 2.0tt slip through my fingers ... can you describe it to me ?

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote