Thread: Car Choice...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrFstEnuff
...Supra TT Mark IV - ...Twin turbo's are my selling point which I've always wanted a TT'd car...
Actuallly, TT's are generally more suitable to V-config engines (v6,v8,v10, etc.). The thing that makes the MKIV Supra's TT special is the fact that they run sequentially. Other than that one fact, there's no significant difference between the performance of two small turbos or one turbo twice the size on an inline-6 engine.
Quote:
...The car to me seems setup for the option of going to bigger turbo's from the factory but I could be wrong...
Sorry, there are no larger-than-stock TT's available from the factory. In fact, there are no sequential larger-than-stock TT's available from anyone.

Quote:
...BUT not sure on the forged internals part...
The internals are already forged (or close enough). The generally-accepted reliable max on oem internals is 850rwhp through a 6spd (i.e. 1000hp at the crank). The 'record' single-dyno-pull on oem internals is near 1100rwhp (about 1300hp at the crank)

Quote:
...if the 6 spd's are reliable/rear ends as well...
Yes ... in fact, over 1250rwhp (produced by 2jz-gte's with 'built' internals) has been repeatedly & reliably run at the dragstrip on through the oem 6spd and the oem diff. Iow, the entire 6spd driveline (other than the oem clutch) is rock-solid. The oem auto tranny isn't quite as beefy, and does need upgraded internals above about 500rwhp.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-25-2006 at 04:41 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote