View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 06:31 AM   #31
lethalwithasupra
3" Exhaust

lethalwithasupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesnotfair
I think the R34 is heavier because of the 4x4, which helps a lot in the takeoffs. I've always heard that the MK3's problem is the takeoffs...
( understand i'm not a pro so correct me if this is contrary or just if you feel like it )

was lined up against a subaru at the lights ( heh this is half a year before my head gasket problems and subsequent power gain. dunno what'd happen these days ) - loaded up the trans and let it go. the subaru kept a little behind me all the way. started catching up at the higher speeds but mine was an auto and i really messed my quasi-manual shifting ( *sigh* ). anyways, my round-about point is that in the takeoff i had the guy. supras arent *too* heavy for this shit, and if you're not depending on the turbo for half of your power ...

Delivering it home with a friend driving the Supra for the first time. I drop gears and make a scream from the twin pipes flowing down this pony's flanks and it takes off like it's tail's on fire.

I look back when the Honda gets to its tap-out and the Supra's only two lengths behind. No one I've let ride my bike has told me its slow, they've all loved the thing. That car is a good thing indeed.

Last edited by lethalwithasupra; 01-25-2006 at 06:33 AM. Reason: cool ! new page !
lethalwithasupra is offline   Reply With Quote