Thread: Car Choice...
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #9
lifesnotfair
3" Exhaust

lifesnotfair is on a distinguished road
Default No!

To the last poster: Hell no! They came manual as well.

To whoever said NSX's ran 14.7 stock - Dude, you have no idea what you're saying. The stock time is around 14.0. It's a 280HP car, and it's not nearly as heavy as the Supras are (either MK3 or MK4)... yeah, you have to rev it up to get the power, but still, 14.5-14.7 can only mean one thing: VERY SHITTY DRIVERS were at Seattle bro

I once ran a stock NSX with my 300ZX TT, I was at stock boost and drove poorly (missed a shift), and it got me. It ran 13.7 ... I think he had aftermarket air intake and exhaust, but that was it.

Anyways, NSX have their own reasons to be so desired. All that power from a tiny 3 litter engine, normally aspirated.. it's something to admire. Also, it's ability to take corners is just breathtaking... u guys seen the videos where the NSX keeps ahead of the 2 lamborghinis in the 5 lap run? Those japanese videos are the best. NSX would clearly screw those Lambos up in the curves, but then the V12 caught her up in the straight line and in the 5th and final lap beat it, aww ... NSX is not a slow car, specially if you have to turn. But if you wanna drag or street race, yeah, I reckon the V8's will eat it alive.

Supra MKIV TT is awesome stuff. I know stock it's in the 13.6's or so so, but it's not it's stock numbers that impress everyone, and it's not those numbers that have made it grow so popular... It's how easy and simple it is to gain another couple of hundred HPs... Very easy. The engine is very well built, with stock internals you can handle a heckload of HPs... 700 or so? More than I would ever want. And I repeat, this is with stock internals.. just buy big injectors, good intercooler/pipings, big turbo, wide exhaust and a boost controller :P .. if it's ur daily driver, just run it at stock 9psi or so, and you'll have a 13.0 (or so) 1/4 mile daily driver.. but with the push of a button (say, upping to 18psi), you'll be eating vipers :P .. And remember, this is with botn on parts, without opening the engine itself... cool, huh?

I talk too much, heh! ... Go with the MK4, you wont regret it.