Thread: 9 second Supra?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraFTW
Well i finally have the money to get my dream car, but just one question. What mods do i put in an MKIV to make it a 9 second car. please post the mods and what the final car's price, horse power, torque, estimated 1/4 mile time, est. 0-60 time, etc. would be.
Here you go...but note the following: Very rough estimated prices only...using only brand-new brand-name parts (i.e. no cheap ebay crap, or fumbling with used parts with no warranty)...major items listed only...also assuming that a reputable shop already experienced with Mkiv Supras does the install:
  • $25K for mid-mileage '94-'97 mkiv supra tt auto, in good shape (no salvage title)
  • 1000+hp-capable fuel system: $2,500 + $700 install
  • 1000+hp-capable turbo kit: $5k + $900 install
  • 150 wet shot direct port nitrous kit: $1500 + $1000 install
  • Upgraded 2jz-gte internals (eg. connecting rods & bearings) and headwork: $4K (parts) + $2k headwork + $3K uninstall, machine shop work, reinstall
  • Race Cams $1k, install included in previous bullet/item
  • 4-row fmic: $2K + $500 install
  • 4" exhaust: $1500 + $100 install
  • Full race intake plenum & TB: $2K + $1K install
  • Complete SP400 Tranny Swap kit (no overdrive): $5500 + $500 install
  • Carbon-fiber Driveshaft $2k
  • N/A Brake conversion: $1K + $300 install
  • Drag Coilovers: $2K + $400 install
  • Drag Rims&Tires (Full Race Slicks & 'Skinnies'): ~$3K
  • Standalone ecu & dli/cdi: $3K + $500 install + $2K tuning (yes, at least $2k for tuning)
  • Race Fuel: about $500/barrel
  • I'll let someone else do the math to figure a total...
Even if you're a crappy driver (which you may not be, but just covering worst case scenario), this setup gets you in the 9s (1.75 or better 60's, and I'd guess about 140 mph or so). It'll put out about 900rwhp (this is the equivalent of about 1100rwhp through a 6spd). Note that a truly gifted driver could get into the 9s with less investment, but the list above is a guaranteed 100% for sure 9 second setup.

Also, NB: Although a roll cage & other safety gear is desireable, and probably required at most tracks, I haven't included it because the car will (as per your only stated goal) run the 9s without these safety mods.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-25-2006 at 01:14 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote