Thread: Supra or Bmw?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #84
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglatta
I just wish someone would have been the bigger man and just didnt carry on the chit chat, cough cough pwpanas you should have just ignored our "off topic" convo its really not your business your not a admin, you dont have authority to order us to stop a convo really you should have just told a admin that a thread needed to be moved
If a conversation has completely drifted off track from topics relevant to the forum that the thread is located in, I feel every forum member has the right to suggest to another member that the conversation be continued in either PM or a new 'off topic' thread. As you may recall, this particular thread was the MKIV (1993-1998) Toyota Supra Performance and General Modification forum. ...and it appears you do agree that your conversation had indeed drifted completely off-topic.

Again (fwiw), I believe that at least part of the overall responsibility to hold the content in our MKIV (1993-1998) forum up to a higher standard rests on our 'shoulders', i.e. the (non-admin) individual forum members ourselves. If we non-admin forum members use good judgement and keep threads on-topic/relevant, then we make the admins' jobs easier instead of harder.

In addition, following the exact same argument you present, it could also be argued that it's not the place of one forum member to say what other forum members should ignore ... or what they should take issue with. Although this thread is now in "Off Topic", I'd suggest we follow Tony!'s advice and take any further discussion about differences of opinion on this matter offline (PM or email).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-23-2006 at 09:18 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote