View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
TONY!
12psi boost

TONY! is on a distinguished road

Well James in NJ,
You can't really cry because you don't know what to cry about.
I mean, it could be only a $2 hose, or it could be a ......
There are many reasons why you could be losing coolant.
If you go to a shop, sometimes they will pressure test the cooling system for you for a $5 or 10. Under pressure, the leak may become apparent.

In this leaking...do you see that your overflow is full after driving when it gets hot?
Do you lose coolant from that area? A very cheap way to see if you are losing coolant from that area is to put a container (soda bottle) after the overflow dump tube. If the overflow dump tube spits out coolant in the bottle...well, that would indicate that combustion gasses are forcing the coolant out of the system. That would mean you have a BHG in that case.
A cheap test. I learned that trick from Duane (upgradedsupra) so he gets merit for that idea.

There you go: two cheap and simple test you can do in addition to what Nick said (I can never spell his name as he has it in his ID).

IF it is indeed your radiator (which you really have no basis at this point to think so--at least not from what I read), I can hook you up with one for only $25.
Not new, but holds pressure and is a MUCH better alternative than using Stop Leak, in my opinion.

Tell us how you make out.

_____|_____
/. . . \ . . . \ . .\
( ]/ . . . . \ . . . \ . .\[ )
____________________[||]______________[||]____________________
TONY! is offline   Reply With Quote