View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 02:18 AM   #19
Lord Umoja
Stock

Lord Umoja is on a distinguished road

I understand the whole import vs domestic thing and even though I dream of owning a MkIV TT some day (hopefully sooner rather than latter) I still concider myself a Ford guy through and through. My first (and only) car is a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5. From my experiences as a mod on Clubfocus.net (sorry for the plug) every person has a diffrent dream car. Myself and a few other CF members love the Supra, lots of members who "graduated" from the focus went on to get import cars. The only people that I have really run into that are the real import haters are the people who were "blessed" with some old fox body mustang as thier car for tuning or have never been introduced to what it really means to work on a car. Most of the people I have talked to at All Ford Nationals in PA agree that car choice is a matter of taste but to hate a car due to the region of origin is just plain stupid. I know a fair number of mustang and camaro owners who believe that as long as the styling of the car and its potential is there it should be concidered an option. Close-mindedness leads to import or domestic bashing.

Back on topic though, I agree that anything can happen on the track. My focus with an automatic transmission and a 2.0L motor beat a Grand Vitara with the V6 and AWD even though the focus is a rolling brick (3600lbs I believe for the ZX5) and the suv had a hp and traction advantage over me.