View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #17
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94T88Widebody
I pulled the balancer.. not sure how to get the timing belt gear off...??!!?
Are you working with a copy of the TSRM? If I recall correctly, you'll need two very long, small ('M6' size?) bolts that screw into holes in the timing gear...with those long bolts you can use a standard puller.

Again, I'm not sure the thickness of the threaded bolts ('M6' is what I would guess), but it's the same as all of the other bolts & studs on the car that have a 10mm nut. I'd estimate the length of the two bolts you need to be about 3 or maybe even 4 inches. One time when I did this job, I used four of the studs & nuts that you'll find holding down your valve covers on the inside corners. (I had these four spares laying around), and I welded each pair of them together, end-to-end. That made them long enough to do the job.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-08-2006 at 10:18 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote