View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94T88Widebody
Dual Fuel lines, T88 turbo, Virtual Works intake, 1600cc injectors, AEM, custom 5 inch exhaust, Block is unmodified at this time.

I do not know why the plug melted.. it was in the #4 cylinder. At this time 2 is the only verified working. I swapped out coils and pugs all into number 2 so that I could check each coil and plug on #2. 1235 coils and plugs all work I have not checked 4 and 6. if I move them to thier respective plugs the no longer work...

I am testing spark by threading a conductor onto the plug and then grounding the out side of the plug with that.. turn the coil upside down and crank over.. like I said.. I get great spark on each coil and plug if I a plug into the number 2 plug..

Plugs are gapped properly
If you don't mind my curiosity, why haven't you checked #4 and #6 yet? Since you changed your #6 sparkplug (according to your earlier post), you'd have already had your #6 coilpack off. I'd suggest it's important we get a full overall picture of what's going on before we decide on a troubleshooting process.

That said, I'd still suggest you try swapping your ignitor if you can find another Mkiv Supra owner in the area. If your ignitor is good, our next step will be to find out if all of your AEM's ignition channels are still good.

Also, are you running an ignition amplifier of any sort (CDI or DLI)? And is your AEM set up to use waste spark ignition? If so, note that your #2 and #5 ignition signals are driven out of the same AEM output...which means that your #5 coil & plug should fire at the same time as #2. This is another reason I suspect your ignitor may be related to the problem.

...and even after your ingition starts working again, we still need to figure out why your plug melted (in order to proactively and positively make sure this same set of problems doesn't happen again).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 01-08-2006 at 03:10 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote