View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 05:52 AM   #5
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Hmmm.... so let me get this straight. You have checked each coil and plug on the number 2 cylinder and 1235 work? But when you place the coils and plugs back to their respected places they no longer work? Am I reading this correctly?

Quote:
I get great spark on each coil and plug if I a plug into the number 2 plug..
Huh? The number 2 spark plug or number 2 cylinder? You said before
Quote:
At this time 2 is the only verified working. I swapped out coils and pugs all into number 2 so that I could check each coil and plug on #2.
Im assuming when you referred to 2 earlier that it was the cylinder not the plug itself.

Now from what pwpanas has said I think he is on the right track here. First we need to ask ourselves why did the number 4 plug melt in the first place? Have you ever used nitrous? What type of fuel management do you have other than the 1400cc injectors? How long have you had this turbo kit on? And what exactly kind of plugs do you have? IMO you should put a bit colder plugs on if you are running that kind of kit with 1600cc injectors. A hot plug will melt.

However, IMO if all you have is a t88 turbo with log style manifold(which causes unequal airflow) and 1600cc injectors without a better fuel pump and fpr and without any better engine management on shabby fuel then I can see why you are melting plugs. How many pounds are you boosting?

IMHO, I think this problem is due to improper engine management and the motors unability to cope with such a thing. Now I am probably maybe wrong here but if the coils are working on the number 2 cylinder and they arent working in their respected positions then their is something seriosuly wrong with this picture here.

I turn this over to pwpanas for he is more knowledgeable about this car than I am. I am sure as long as you are informative to pwpanas he will be able to diagnose and properly aid you in what you need to do to fix it.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote