View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #7
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas
Skil, thanks for posting this link.

I agree that a 2jz-gte typically isn't a drop-in solution for a 2jzge-equipped Lexus...for example, there's no reason why an engine bay designed for a 2jz-ge should already have room for 2jz-gte's turbos.

...BUT (again, for example) the oil pans in that article didn't need to be "custom" for the sake of the 2jz-gte shortblock ... to make a complete 2jz-gte fit in the IS300 engine bay (again other than the turbo(s)) they only needed to use IS300 oil pans bolted to the 2jz-gte...and they do bolt directly on.

Also, I'd be willing to bet that they could have used the oem motor mounts IF they didn't have to worry about turbo and/or transmission clearances. In other words, it wasn't any 2jz-ge<->2jz-gte shortblock differences that necessitated the modified engine mounts. These custom motor mounts they chose to use (for other reasons) are what necessitated the custom oil pan.
You are exactly and completly correct. And you are welcome. I was worried that the link wouldnt work.

I would guess that they could have made the mounts work but I think the engine craddle on the alteeza is a little different than a typical supra isnt it? I could be wrong. Also you are right about the oil pans. And they couldve used the stock one and just put a bung on it for the oil line.

And your other post was exactly correct too. They do use different pistons not only are the squirters different but they are a different compression. Also if you take a piston off of a IS300 and compare one to a supra piston you will see differences in its structure. Rendering the 2 motors technically not being the same but a totally different motor because the design of its parts are different.

Thanks for your insight on this. O and btw, do you know if the is300 and the supra engine craddles are the same? I have always wandered this.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote