View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
Big Jimbo
Stock

Big Jimbo is on a distinguished road
Red face Can some of you guys give me some info on these cars?

I recently testdrove (tore the shit out of) a 1987 5 speed Turbo Supra. It didnt seem very fast at all compared to my 383 '95 trans am, but I didnt expect it too. The douschbag car salesman was dumb enough to let me and my buddy take it for a testdrive by ourselves because i said i wanted to make sure the transmission shifted nice.

Needless to say, at this moment i feel bad for what i did to that poor car. LOL, me and my friend really had some fun in that car for the 10 mintues that we drove it. Ive never driven a turbo car before and that supra was very fun to drive even though it wasnt very fast. I read up on it and a webpage said they run about 15.3's.

How hard or easy are these MKiii's to mod, and how well do they react to turbo/engine modifications? What are their similarities to the older and newer supras. I considerd doing a project car supra mkiii and frankly, obviously, i know absolutely nothing about them. Can you guys share some basic info with me to help me out. Ive never owned an import (or that many cars for that matter) and I turned 18 not too long ago. I have always been amuzed by turbos. Can you guys help me out. Share with me what times you run and what times stock supras run with some modifications and the block limitations. Im avid member of LS1Tech.com and was just checking this site out after i had some fun in that poor little supra.

Jimmy

PS* Please dont flame me because i beat the crap out of a supra. i think i can honestly bang gears better in that car than i can in my 6 speed Trans am lol.
Big Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote