View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
SKILMATIC
3" Exhaust

SKILMATIC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel
I have just taken off all my air intake, exhaust, turbo, and wiring harness (to get to my BHG) and i found oil all around my spark plugs. I was wondering if this indicates that i have a cracked head or is it just the BHG or some other kind of problem. I also took off my cam shaft covers and found that the oil had turned brown. The cam covers were extremely lose (two fingers on my screw driver took all the screws out) and I was thinking that it was just condensation. Any help would be greatly appreciated; i just bought my 87 supra turbo from an auction a few weeks ago so it has been sitting for about 2-3 months.
Wait, you took off the valve cover with 2 fingers, or the head caps for the cams? If it was the head caps they should have been on there so tight you would need a breaker bar. The valve cover is fairly easy to take off with little torque. There could be a few reasons why your spark plugs have oil fouling.

First reason could be that the spark plug could be cause of poor starting or misfiring.
Second it could be oil leaking due to a piston ring.
Third it could be cause of cylinder or valve guide wear.
SKILMATIC is offline   Reply With Quote